The government’s new SME Brexit Support Fund finally opened for business on 15 March. What do you need to know? (update 22 March 2021)
The scheme provides grants of up to £2,000 to help small and medium-sized businesses tackle the new admin requirements for imports and exports to and from EU countries, or movement of goods between GB and Northern Ireland.
You can apply for a grant if your business:
- has been established in the UK for at least twelve months or holds Authorised Economic Operator status
- has always met its tax or customs obligations
- has no more than 500 employees or an annual turnover exceeding £100 million
- imports or exports goods between GB and the EU, or moves goods between GB and Northern Ireland
- intends to complete import or export declarations internally for its own goods
- requires more capability to cope with imports or exports despite using the services of someone else to complete the declaration documents.
More information including how to apply for the grant is available here